CFI – Multi-Engine (MEI & MEII)
YOU COME TO US or WE COME TO YOU
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold at least a certified flight instructor certificate (airplane).
- Hold at least a commercial certificate for multi-engine airplanes.
- Be able to read speak, and understand the English language.
- Obtain at least a second-class FAA medical certificate.
- Pass the FAA practical flight test.
There are no minimum FAA requirements for ground or flight time for the flight instructor rating. However, IAE students average about 12 hours of ground instruction (including classroom-instructing techniques), and 7 hours of flight instruction. Each student may require more or less time depending on past experience knowledge, and currency.